Frequently Asked Questions
Learn why Confie is the best choice for you
If you are an agency owner looking to cash out, what can you expect?
When you come to Confie, you can expect to work with our experienced due diligence team to help you navigate the sales process. We have a track record of saying what we’ll do and doing what we say, meaning you can trust us along the way.
We have a simple initial request list that lets us quickly evaluate your business. We also have a standard purchase agreement to help us close more quickly on a transaction.
Once the deal is done, our integration team targets the integration of your company within the first 90 days of closing.
Still on the fence? Ask to see positive references from over 140 previous sellers.
If you are an agency owner looking for an exit strategy to secure your agency’s legacy, what can you expect?
Some agency owners want to preserve their business. If you want your agency to continue as its own presence, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- You’ll receive an additional purchase price paid to you as you grow EBITDA.
- You’ll have equity ownership (in a larger parent company).
- You’ll be on a larger playing field with access to Confie’s resources and capital.
- You’ll help drive decisions that affect your clients and community.
- You’ll get access to a larger carrier selection, our national brand, and our advertising team.
What happens to my existing employees?
Part of the value of your business is your team, so our desire is to keep your licensed team. Confie looks to retain and build off the team you already have in place to avoid disruptions and maintain the success of your business. Employees will not be overwhelmed with the transition and will become part of the Confie organization.
Why focus on acquisitions rather than organic growth?
While we employ both strategies, consolidation has always been a sound strategy within an insurance brokerage. We’ve found, especially regarding personal lines, that there are a lot of advantages the bigger you are.
Why should I consider selling?
Every agency owner has different reasons for selling, but some of the most common ones we’ve seen over the years include:
- They want to secure their retirement.
- They want a succession plan.
- They are going through a challenging time.
- The business environment is changing.
- The competitive landscape is increasing both from national and direct carriers.
- They are experiencing an increase in online competition.
What type of agencies is Confie looking to partner with?
Confie would like to partner with agencies in the personal lines NSA business and the Preferred Personal and Small Commercial. Confie operates under two national brands: Freeway (NSA business) and InsureOne (SPL&C business). We are looking for strategic acquisitions/partners under both brands.
What is Confie’s strategy for employee success?
As One Confie, we take pride in developing our employees and offer them the opportunity to succeed in the following ways:
- We offer an array of commission-based compensation packages for our producers, encouraging further growth.
- We offer career growth opportunities at Confie.
- We invest in marketing to give our employees more opportunities for lead generation.
- We eliminate distractions and the headaches of back office tasks by integrating companies into our systems, meaning agents can focus more on selling new insurance and servicing existing customers.
- We have tools for delivering insurance solutions to clients and monitoring the performance of the business.
How long will the deal process take from start to finish?
Typically, the process takes 90 to 120 days to complete.
I’m concerned about confidentiality. Will my employees, clients, and carrier partners find out that I’m looking to sell?
Confie takes confidentiality seriously. We can complete the valuation and due diligence process without Confie representatives disclosing the potential transaction to your employees, clients, and carriers.
Why should I consider selling to Confie versus my local competitor?
At Confie, we have our own experienced M&A team. This means you don’t have to be concerned about your competition finding out from us that you are looking to sell. It’s not always a great idea to sell to local buyers, as they typically don’t have the capital needed to complete an acquisition and need to finance. And if the sale falls through, they’ll suddenly know all about your business. Confie keeps the M&A process on a corporate level rather than being a local competing business.
How does Confie value my agency?
There are many ways that Confie will evaluate your business such as your location, revenues by carriers and general opportunity in your market. We will ask you to submit a simple initial request list that helps us evaluate your business as quickly as possible.
I have never sold a business before, what should I expect?
At Confie, we have an experienced M&A team that will walk you through the process from start to finish. We strive to offer a win-win transaction for you, your employees, and your customers. Our proven model has successfully acquired and fully integrated nearly 140 companies.